Tropes:Kingdom of Dragoc
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Main • Tropes • Memes|
Tropes about the Kingdom of Dragoc include:
- The Theocracy: Their form of government is a Theocratic Monarchy. Their King/Queen of Dragoc is essentially a hereditary High Priest - he/she is also the head of the Cult of Nature.
- Our Elves Are Better: Before the Great War, the Wood Elves of Dragoc genuinely believed that they are superior to the Humans, Lizardmen, even to the High Elves.
- Deep down, they still think of themselves are superior to several races - they just aren't very vocal about it, pragmatically keeping it to themselves.
- Tree Top Town
- Fantasy Counterpart Culture / Culture Chop Suey: Their culture is a mix of Celtic, Japanese and Native North American, with a bit of Norse/Germanic influence thrown in for good measure.
- Their language is very Japanese-inspired (Lack of the L-sound, for example), they are also a nation of Warrior Poets, and they have a code of honour, just like the Samurai.
- They have strong traditions of singing and bards - Celtic/Norse.
- Druids. Obviously Celtic. Partially subverted, because their "druids" act more like Native American Shamans.
- The whole nature-loving thing obviously has Native American overtones.
- In Harmony with Nature
- The Fair Folk: The Wood Elves of Dragoc weren't always the tree-hugging pacifistic poets we stereotype them as today. They used to be a very warlike - and racist - people during the Great War.