Tropes:King Cael'mus of Froturn
|Main • Tropes|
Tropes about King Cael'mus of Froturn include:
- Tyrant Takes the Helm / Bait and Switch Tyrant: Depends on the perspective. To the Church of Titanius he was The Scrappy. To the nobility and senate of Froturn, he was a dictator who tried to rule as an absolute despot. To proponents of secularism and detractors of the aforementioned Church, he was a hero of Freedom of Faith.
- Adipose Rex: Inverted. He was lean, thin, weak and sickly. If it wasn't for his clothes, one could mistake him for a starving beggar with a terminal illness.
- Puppet King: Downplayed (or an outright lie spread by his detractors). He was heavily influenced (or controlled, according to their detractors) by Ta'ael Myrth'nddare and Sim'vara by the last two or so decades of his reign.
- The Fundamentalist: Inverted. He was a big opponent of fundamentalist, a supporter of secularization, defended foreign missionaries. Needless to say, this made him The Scrappy for the native clergy.
- The Alcoholic: Downplayed. He definetely liked wine, cider and fruity brandies, but wasn't an alcoholic.
- The Caligula: Some of his own relatives considered him this. They were wrong - he was perfectly sane.
- 0% Approval Rating: Downplayed. He was The Scrappy to the Church, and a good deal of the nobility and the senate loathed him for what they perceived as "tyrrany". Still, the fact that his camp won the civil war means that more people liked him than hated him, right?
- Doctor's Orders: He defied them, ultimately leading to his death.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Played straight. His death was anything but dramatic. He wasn't killed, there was no accident, no poisoning, not even dying on his deathbed or anything exciting or dramatic - instead, he just fainted during a celebration, never to wake up. He died of a random mundane reason.
- Incurable Cough of Death: Zig Zagged / Implied. He was always described as weak and sickly, but his exact illness was never ever specified.
- Properly Paranoid: He knew that there was a conspiracy to get rid of him.