|Main • Tropes|
Tropes about Gnarog Dougfrál include:
- Spell My Name with an "S": Until October 4, 2015, his name was spelled Gnarog Dougfral. Now it's Gnarog Dougfrál.
- Canon Immigrant: He wasn't originally a Ways of Darkness character - his first appearence was in Alternate World, putting him into the same group as Nemezish, Morthen Orden'Ath Ildor and Dermaglen
- Adaptation Dye Job: Downplayed, but but he still appears with different shades of brown.
- In the original Alternate World FRPG, he had brown hair.
- In the 2011 Alternate World game, there was a dissonance between his portrait and his sprite, the earlier being blond, the latter being brown.
- In the Ways of Darkness FRPG, he has brown hair, as canonical.
- In the 2012 Ways of Darkness game, he had light brown hair.
- In the 2013 Ways of Darkness game, he had darker brown hair.
- Magic Knight: He's a Battlemage.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: His favoured weapon is the sword.
- Partially averted in the 2011 game, where he is using a flint axe at the beginning. Later in the game, he will start using swords, but may also switch to guns near the endgame.
- Also averted in the original Alternate World FRPG (off which the 2011 game was based off), as he only used flint axes there, never having an opportunity to acquire a sword until shortly before his death.
- Armor Is Useless: He does not like heavy armour, invoking this trope when he mentions how "it limits mobility too much". He prefers light leather armour.
- Perma Stubble
- Badass Long Hair
- Happily Married: To Nemezish, at least canonically. In the 2012 game, they are in a relationship but "not ready for marriage yet".