Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Main • Tropes|
- Arcadia: His childhood home.
- Doomed Hometown: His childhood home, ravaged by orcs.
- Badass Gay: Actually, bi, but still. He was a knight - which makes him inherently badass -, and his pair was another knight (of the same gender).
- Bi The Way: He wasn't actual gay, but actually bisexual, as he also had relationship with a female elf too. Or rather, formerly bisexual (he became asexual after ascending to lichdom). Still, before the introduction of King Bryant I of Etrand, he was the only LGBT and bisexual character in the franchise.
- Bury Your Gays: His first love and most memorable victim Keshú, whom he killed after Dídlet's death.
- Expy: Of three characters of the Records of Lodoss War: Parn, Ashram, Wagnard.
- Despair Event Horizon: The death of Dídlet, his (female) lover. They were living happily together, until Keshú came back. They wanted to have a talk in three, but he was late for the meeting, only to find Dídlet dead in his house. Enraged, he suspected Keshú and rushed to Keshú's house, impulse-murdering him. Having lost two people who were close to his heart and meant a lot to him, he temporarily became insane. When he regained his sanity, he became evil.
- Fallen Hero
- Murder Makes You Crazy: Or rather, your murder victim's and former lover's last words act as the final straw that broke the camel's sanity.
- The Lost Lenore: his Second Love Dídlet, whose death effectively triggered his Start of Darkness and Face Heel Turn.
- Too Happy to Live
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: Downplayed, as he hadn't destroyed any worlds (yet), but his Start of Darkness involves the death of his lover Dídlet, in which he suspects his former lover Keshú, compelling him to murder Keshú, and then temporarily go "insane", lock himself up in his house and seeing tragic dreams. In a week or so, regained his sanity, but became evil, coming into contact with the forces of darkness and joining them.
- Faith–Heel Turn: He was a religious knight before becoming an evil Death Knight.
- Magic Knight
- A God Am I / Take Over the World: His ultimate goal is becoming a god and taking over the world, ruling as a god.
- Utopia Justifies the Means / Totalitarian Utilitarian / Visionary Vilain: The reason he wants to become a god who rules the world is because he wants to create an Utopia where no one has to suffer anymore, where everyone can be happy, and where sin and greed do not exist.